- Graded Exercise Stress Test using the Bruce Protocol.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE:
- Exercise on the treadmill will begin slowly, with the pace and incline gradually increasing approximately every three minutes.
- As you exercise your heart rate and blood pressure will change. This is normal, and remember, you are closely monitored throughout the exam.
- The patient is connected to the 12 lead EKG. Using the Bruce Protocol, the patient will walk on the treadmill while the cardiologist observes the exercise response, any changes in the EKG, and symptomatology of the patient.
- 4-6 minute recovery period required until heartrate and blood pressure return to normal for specific patient.
- Fort Myers: Monday – Friday.
- Cape Coral: Monday – Thursday.
- Do not eat a heavy meal before scheduled test as you will be walking up to a brisk pace on the treadmill.
- A nurse will discuss with you any medications to be stopped the night before or day of the procedure.
- Wear comfortable, secure walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- No Dresses, flip flops or high heels.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE:
- This procedure can vary in time.
Will the require someone to bring them home?
How many people are allowed to be with them?
None during the procedure.